So back to the graveyard journal page:
The background shows the influence from taking Seth Apter's Card play class - start with black gesso, and everything on top seems to pop. In fact, these gals have popped right out of their graves.
I punched each one out with a slightly larger punch, retaining a halo around each. For each length of wire I formed a circle the same diameter (wrapped round a paint pot lid) then twisted the two ends, adding beads every so often. The wire loop was slightly larger than the pictures. Typically resin is used, but I tried pouring medium, which I poured over the cutout and the wire loop. It worked, giving a transparent halo between the picture and the wire.
Needed a bit of help while the gel medium dried keeping the wire and chippie to the background:
I used Tombstone Border chipboard from Creative Embellishments painted black then various interference paints to colour. The Spellbinder die "Twigs Unite" seems to have been discontinued, alas. To make it stand out from the background, I had to outline it with a silver pen.
Yep, that's flowersoft at the bottom of the tombstones. Sweet, cute, flowersoft mwahaha!!!
So you CAN have these sweet images, and use them in a darker, weirder way.