Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Luna Girls Faces

I keep coming back to a Luna Girls mini collage sheet in my creations.  I was partway through a graveyard piece when I had to stop for this journal page, which I shared in their July blog travel-themed challenge:

So back to the graveyard journal page:
The background shows the influence from taking Seth Apter's Card play class - start with black gesso, and everything on top seems to pop.  In fact, these gals have popped right out of their graves.
I punched each one out with a slightly larger punch, retaining a halo around each.  For each length of wire I formed a circle the same diameter (wrapped round a paint pot lid) then twisted the two ends, adding beads every so often.  The wire loop was slightly larger than the pictures.  Typically resin is used, but I tried pouring medium, which I poured over the cutout and the wire loop.  It worked, giving a transparent halo between the picture and the wire.
Needed a bit of help while the gel medium dried keeping the wire and chippie to the background:

I used Tombstone Border chipboard from Creative Embellishments painted black then various interference paints to colour.  The Spellbinder die "Twigs Unite" seems to have been discontinued, alas.  To make it stand out from the background, I had to outline it with a silver pen.
Yep, that's flowersoft at the bottom of the tombstones.  Sweet, cute, flowersoft mwahaha!!!
So you CAN have these sweet images, and use them in a darker, weirder way.


2 comments:

Thanks so much for visiting and partaking of our weirdness! Play on kind souls!
~~~(insert grown up voice)

A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.